- Besser Museum for Northeast Michigan is a community resource that serves to inspire curiosity, foster community pride, and cultivate personal legacy. As an educational institution, Besser Museum is dedicated to serving the public of all ages and abilities in art, history and science of Northeast Michigan.
- Besser Museum’s fine art collection includes watercolor, oil, pastel, acrylic and collage paintings, prints, art pottery, and sculputure. The Museum’s extensive collection of art that cannot be found any where else in Northeast Michigan, includes works of art from Michigan artists such as Tom Moran to world renowned artists like Cezanne, Renoir, Dali, Picasso, Warhol, Rivera, Chihuly, Clewell and more!
- The historical artifact collection includes material culture items that portray life and industries in Norhteast Michigan.
- See the Foucault Pendulum which gives visual proof that the Earth is rotating while demonstrating Newton’s Law of Motion. Dig for Devonian fossils in the Lafarge Fossil Park and keep the fossils you find. Visit the Natural Wildlife and Fresh Water Fish exhibits containing a variety of artistically mounted specimens native to the region. View constellations in the only planetarium in Northeast Michigan.
- The Sky Theater planetarium is the only one of it’s kind in Northern Michigan.
Open All Year
Monday thru Saturday: 10:00AM-5:00PM
- Adults: $5.00
- Children / Seniors: $3.00
- Students: $3.00
- College Students: Free with ID
- Adults: $3.00
- Children / Seniors: $2.00
- All Students: $2.00
491 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707
Amanda Dozier – General Information & Marketing Coordinator