The Lights of Lake Huron
- In the days before ship-to-shore radio and global positioning systems, lighthouses were the only signposts guiding travelers on the Great Lakes. If you couldn’t see them or the stars and sun, you were driving blind. This self-guided driving tour encompasses 20 key maritime destinations while following the journey of the Durston during the great storm of 1913. The tour follows the coastline of Northern Lake Huron from Au Gres to Mackinaw City. Many of the destinations are located in Alpena and Presque Isle Counties.
- The Alpena Light
- Thunder Bay Island Lighthouse
- Middle Island Light Station
- 40 Mile Point Lighthouse
- New & Old Presque Isle Lighthouse
- Sturgeon Point Lighthouse